Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Makeup Madness Monday - the well defined natural eye

I work in an office, and generally wear a three colored “career look” during the week, but I like to tone it down on the weekends when I’m just running around the house or out running errands.  Toning it down doesn’t mean I don’t wear makeup, just that I go with a more natural look…because I don’t know about you, but I always wake up with flawless skin, well defined eyes and plump pink lips.  I found this tutorial on pinterest and decided to try it out for casual Friday – It was simple to do and I go tons of compliments.  The trick is the smugger brush to really blend that eyeliner into the lid color.
How do you like to wear your eye makeup?  Are you a glamour girl all the time or do you like to go more natural on the weekend too?  Try this out and leave me a comment, I’d love to know what you think?

Step 1: Highlighting your eyes
Sweep a light shade across your entire lid. 

Step 2: Defining the crease Sweep a medium shade in a ‘C’ shape from the crease of your eye to your lash line.  Blend, blend, and blend!
Step 3: Line your upper lid.  Don’t go all the way to the tear duct, just start at the corner of your eye working inward in a series of small dashes till you get to the first small lashes.  I suggest small dashes as they’re easier to keep straight and thin than trying to draw one long line – at least until you’ve been doing it for a while.
Step 4: Blend, Blend, Blend some more!
Take your smudging brush and blend the eyeliner up onto the lid and outward from the corner of your eye.  Follow the natural curve of your lower lit when you do this.  If the shadow or liner gets too low on the outside your eyes will appear droopy. 
Step 5: Mascara trick to achieve a fake lash look:
·                Start with the point of the lash wand and brush mascara onto the base of your lashes.
·                Turn wand sideways and place at base of lashes.  Shimmy to get the bristles between your lashes then comb to tip.  Repeat a couple times, as necessary to smooth out any lumps.
·                Turn your wand vertically and move it in an up and down motion guiding the lashes to curl up and away from your eye.

Tada!  A beautifully defined eye that looks natural.  You totally woke up looking that refreshed and awake; I know you did – the coffee’s totally just for show! ;)


Happy Monday!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment