Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Boston, and remembing my childhood...

When I was young, I used to visit Mr. Rogers neighborhood through my TV like so many of us born in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

When I was in college, I got to live in Mr. Rogers neighborhood and see him at the local community center pool.   Then, unfortunately, he passed away.

When I lived in Boston, I forgot about Mr. Rogers.

Now that I've swapped the east coast for west, jellie shoes for ballet flats and sky high heels, I'm amazed that he's still got some wisdom to teach me.  After checking on my Boston friends almost daily these past two weeks, my heart goes out to them.  Having a grown up in the Washington DC metro area and living through the uncertainty that came with having a family member working in the pentagon on September 11th, my heart goes out to all those that have ever had to go through that emotional trauma with the recent attacks in Boston.  And for those helpers, like my Tim, who continually run into the flames to help others instead of running away, thanks.  My thoughts are with you.

Till next time,
Sara

“You’ve made this day a special day by just your being you, there is no person in the whole world like you, and I like you just the way you are.” - Fred Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment